5 years, 2 new albums and an arena name (LG to Genting) change later, they returned for their No Sound Without Silence World Tour. Their support act Tinie Tempah warmed up the crowd beforehand performing some of his biggest songs like Written in the Stars, Frisky and of course Pass Out. When they announced that Tinie would be supporting them on tour, I was surprised as both artists have quite different styles of music. However, Tinie was a great support act.
Then after a 20 min interval, from the back of the arena, The Script made their way through the crowd to the stage accompanied by volunteers with green luminous flag poles and the intro to Paint the Town Green (which has to be one of my favourite songs off of their latest album, No Sound Without Silence). This kicked off the start of a strong 2 hour set full of visuals and amazing live music.
The Script performing Paint the Town Green
The gig was a real emotional rollercoaster. Now I have never balled my eyes out at a gig. (I came close to last year when The Wanted sung Heartbreak Story), However, when they performed If You Could See Me Now it reminded me of my Nan and Grandad and it was so emotional to see Danny sing it live as it is about his Dad that at the end there were tears rolling down my face. When they sung Nothing, Danny went into the crowd to get someone phone with their ex dialled and sung to them with the crowd. I actually thought it was funny and a good idea.
If You Could See Me Now
Another bit of the gig I like was the B stage in the middle of the arena as I was in the middle the view was good of the main stage but even better with the B stage and you felt closer to them (not in a weird kinda way). They performed Never Seen "Quite Anything Like You" and The Man who Can't Be Moved. Mark stayed on the B Stage to perform the guitar solo of You Won't Feel A Thing.
The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Meanwhile, Danny made his way from the back of Block 4 with a crowd Cam. He came through our row (J) which was awesome and my mum got to touch his shoulder as he came past. Here's the picture I got!
![]() |
| ©LaurenMichelleDaldry |
Before leaving the stage they performed Six Degrees of Separation and It's Not Right For You (which is another favourite of the album). Then they came back to do an encore which consisted of The Energy Never Dies, For The First Time, No Good Without Goodbye and their number one single Hall of Fame. All in all they were incredible live and if you ever get the chance to see them live then do. I'm going to be honest and say that it was my favourite gig I have ever been to!
To check out all of the videos I took Click here ^__^
Blog question: What is your favourite gig you have been to and have you ever cried at one as it's been so emotional? Let me know in the comments ^__^
CiaoCiaoForNowNow
Lauren ^__^



No comments:
Post a Comment