Monday, 22 June 2015

Feeling Nostalgic and Looking back...

Hey It's Lauren...

Hope you are all doing well.
Before I start talking about this week's blog post. I've made a spotify playlist of all the songs I'm loving at the moment. You can check it out below. Hope you enjoy them ^_^


This week's blog update, I want to talk all thing nostalgia: being nostalgic and look back. So in my last vlog My Memory Book, I looked through my box of memories from when I was a child and teenager including my diary (which was very cringeworthy to read!) and a notebook from secondary school where everyone from my year wrote messages and signed it. However, whilst editing the video, it got me thinking how much I've achieved since then like finishing school: four years ago and finishing college: two years ago and also going to university which I think has been one the biggest achievements in my life so far!

My latest Vlog "My Memory Box"

It's weird to think that in September, I'll be in my third and final year and that November, next year, I'll have graduated university and maybe in or starting my first full time "grown up" job (hopefully in the Radio industry). Time definitely flies by!

Four years ago, when I finished school and was deciding what college I was going to study at, it never even crossed my mind that in two years I would be moving 150 miles south to Bournemouth as I think at the time, all I would be doing is a course at college (maybe go to university to study media in Birmingham) and staying in Coventry for the rest of my life. I think a certain amount of confidence is a factor and taking a chance are to blame for why I went to Bournemouth like I have this amazing chance to moved from the mundane life of Coventry and do a course that I had a huge interest in at Bournemouth University. (Plus the factor of the seaside may have had some reason why I chose Bournemouth.)

Also looking back, another two big achievements are doing this blog and also starting vlogging too as I've started feeling more confident about myself (something I think I've always struggled with). At school, I was the shy kid at the back of the class writing away doing my work who would not speak much or when they did go really red like a tomato. I think my confidence has grown so much since school from going to college and definitely more so being at Uni where you have more independence and freedom to grow and (this is going to sound like a hippie or really cheesy) "find yourself" as a person.

*Cheesy Conclusion Time*
I think sometimes it's good to look back and reflect on what we have achieved or how we've grown as it can be an amazing boost. Plus I think sometimes it's nice to feel nostalgic ^_^

Blog Post Question: What is your biggest achievement so far? Let me know in the comments ^_^

CiaoCiaoForNowNow
Lauren ^_^





















No comments:

Post a Comment