So for me 2014 was all about discovering new TV shows all thanks to Netflix. One of the TV shows I discovered was Orange is the New Black. Everyone had been saying how amazing this show is so I decided to watch it and OMG how right they were. Honestly watch it it's incredible. I'm now looking forward to season 3 this year. Another show I loved discovering was American Horror Story. The plot, the characters and all the season are so worth a watch.My favourite season currently has to be asylum.
4) Anime ^_^
Towards the end of 2014, I got into the amazing world of Anime. For anyone who doesn't know exactly what anime is it's Japanese Animation. The first anime I've watched is Deathnote which I loved. I'm currently watching the first season of Sword Art Online and loving the story so far. I also watched a really cute anime film by Studio Ghibli called My Neighbour's Totoro and for christmas got a Totoro Pillow which is so comfy. If anyone has any recommendation for me for good animes comment below (^__^)
3) Rediscovering my love of Rock and Pop/punk music
For a couple of years, rock music has been taking a back seat in my life and pop was all I listened to. However this year I've returned by to Rock and Pop/Punk music as pop music is getting a bit repetitive and I believe a bit crap. Plus you always need a bit of rock in your life from time to time. Bands like Paramore, Fall Out Boy, Thrity Seconds to Mars and Muse are on repeat constantly on my spotify. Another reason is down to number 1 and 2 of my top 5 of 2014...
2) Gerard Way's Hesitant Alien
So I was going to do an album review of this album but then I wanted to do a list of my favourite things of 2014 and well this is one of them so instead of a review I've put it in here. This has to be my favourite album of this year. I loved MCR and was so upset when they decided to spilt (I may have shed a few when I heard Fake Your Death). Listening to Action Cat (which is Gerard's debut single) I felt sad that MCR was over but also happy that this is a whole new chapter beginning. The reason I love this album is musically and lyrically it's amazing. My favourite song from this album has to be Millions and the video is mind blowing.
1) MCBUSTED
Of every single band I have ever loved (and there are loads believe me) McFly are number one. My first proper band I loved (Steps DOES NOT count) was Busted and when they spilt I was so gutted. Then in late 2013 some awesome happened. Two of my favourite bands of all time decided to form a supergroup and toured in spring 2014 and I went and it was incredible.The staging was spectacular complete with a DeLorean and a flying freaking spaceship. Then fast forward to November and they made an amazing album to match the tour. Now I am a massive McFly and I have friends who are die hard McFly fans and I know McBusted is kind of a sore spot for some Galaxy Defenders as they believe McFly are never going to release their must awaited sixth album or ever be McFly again. But I firmly believe what James tweeted that McBusted is a holiday away for McFly and like holidays you don't stay on holiday forever.
Here's my favourite video I look of McBusted singing Room on the Thrid Floor. Check out all of my other McBusted videos here
Blog post question: What is your favourite moments of 2014? leave a comment ^__^
CiaoCiaoForNowNow
Lauren ^__^

No comments:
Post a Comment