Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Trying Something New

Hey dudes long time no blog (sorry) so I've recently been busy as my dissertation proposal deadline came up (eeeek) and then there have been other uni projects that have come up which I've been also busy with hence why no blog. Now they are all under control I can focus on this blog now. ^_^

Anyway I'm currently on a coach back to Bournemouth as for the last couple of weeks I've been home for Easter. During this time, I have literally done nothing but: play Mario Kart; watched all of Doctor Who on Netflix; browsing through Tumblr and eat way too much chocolate (Come on it has been Easter). It was strangely quite refreshing having to do no essays or editing any audio packages during the break. I have used this break to also rediscover and discover old and new hobbies and interests.

This means I've started learning guitar again and jamming around with it. Finally in the last couple of weeks, I have learnt to play U.N.I by Ed Sheeran and the intro to Room on the 3rd Floor by McFly. Bit of a shame though that I couldn't take my guitar back to Bournemouth with me. However I do have a ukulele back there which I'm learning to master (Thanks to Youtube!).

Whilst roaming around on Tumblr, I stumbled across a funky app called Duolingo where you can learn a new language. Unfortunately, there is no Japanese which is what I really want to learn. So as I learnt Italian for my GCSE's, I thought I'd learn so French (why not). I did learn a tiny bit in Junior School so I'm now brushing up and learning a bit more than Bonjour. ^__^ I love trying new things and shall keep you posted on how it's going.

Hope you had an awesome Easter (if you celebrated it).

CiaoCiaoForNowNowLauren ^__^

Blog post question: Is there anything new you've started? (new hobby or interest? learning an instrument? language?) Let me know in the comments ^__^




No comments:

Post a Comment