Saturday, 9 May 2015

Gig Review: McBusted - Most Excellent Adventure Tour: Bournemouth B.I.C 15.04.15


'McBusted Jump Together!' ©LaurenMichelleDaldry

Now I've mentioned before in previous blog posts, I am a fan of both Busted and McFly. I've liked Busted since I was 6 and McFly since I was 8. My first gig was McFly in 2010  and was lucky enough to see McBusted last year but my ultimate dream is to see them front row. This year I got to achieve that when I went to see them at Bournemouth's B.I.C. It was incredible.

Before the start of the show, rather than playing out contemporary music videos of current artist which happens at most gigs I've been to, they played out old school 80's and 90's movies like Teen Wolf, Wayne's World, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and obviously Back To The Future (for those of you who don't know the reason McFly's name is McFly is it comes from The McFly family in Back To The Future ^__^) . Then the Bohemian Rhapsody scene from Wayne's World came on cue everyone singing the famous Queen song. When it finally ended a title screen of a game came on with press start. 

Game title screen ©LaurenMichelleDaldry

They kicked the show off with McBusted's debut single Air Guitar and followed up with Hate Your Guts which is also another McBusted song. Then they performed one of six of the McFly's songs of the night One for the Radio. I was suprised that they didn't perform a lot more McFly songs if I'm honest. Maybe I'm being bitter as they didn't perform Transylvania. ^__^

Tom and Dougie  ©LaurenMichelleDaldry

Being front row is awesome as you get to see the band up close and you don't rely on the screens. Also is amazing when they interact with the crowd. They then performed Thunderbirds and my favourite of their new album Get Over It. Check out my video below: 
McBusted performing Get Over It (Credit: HeyItsLauren on YouTube)

You Said No and 3am were next which are my two favourite Busted songs.This brought back so many memories of Junior School discos and the soundtrack of my pre teen hood ^__^. After What Happened to Your Band. The band came back on stage dressed in wedding attire. Harry led the group as the Vicar around ramps; followed by Dougie as the bride; Matt as the groom and James, Danny and Tom as the beautiful bridemaids which could only lead to one song; Crashed The Wedding.
McBusted performing What Happened to Your Band (credit: HeyItsLauren on YouTube)

Air Hostess and What I Go to School For followed and then the arena was in pit black and then was lit up by the crowds flash lights for a beautiful acoustic performance of Obviously and then Danny and James duetted to the equally lovely Beautiful Girls Are the Loneliest. James then was on a bike in the middle of the stage performing Riding On My Bike and then sung Believe by Cher check out the vine here

James Bourne on a bike during Riding on My Bike  ©Lauren Michelle Daldry

As McBusted were in Bournemouth, all through the show they kept asking how was it in James Bourne's Mouth (XD) which I thought was hilarious. As well as a bike, another big stage prop was the stage itself which hold the record for the biggest working games console. The boys split into two times and played street fighter. James, Tom and Danny as well as the left side of the audience won! 

McBusted playing Streetfighter (credit: HeyItsLauren on Youtube)

As well as a gigantic games console, while singing All About You there was a kiss cam with the camera going to unsuspecting couples in the audience to kiss. Then they performed Star Girl, however unlike last tour they was no sign of a giant UFO in the middle of the arena. ^__^. They started the encore with McFly's biggest hit 5 Colours in Her Hair continued with Shine A Light and then finished the show with one of Busted's biggest hit Year 3000. All in all I would say that they have definately improved from last year tour and I absolutely loved the Gaming theme concept.



Blog post question: Have you ever been front row at a gig? where and what was it like? or who would you like to see front row? Leave a comment below.

CiaoCiaoForNowNow
LaurenMichelleDaldry ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment