Monday, 26 October 2015

Gig Review: Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho Tour: Bournemouth B.I.C 12.10.15



Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

I'm going to confess something here, prepare yourselves: I've been a fan from around 2005, when I first heard 'Dance Dance' on a 'Now' album, I've NEVER been to see Fall Out Boy live (whether it's a tour or a festival appearance)! *shock* However, I can now say I have and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to as well!

One thing I love about Bournemouth is the B.I.C which is a tiny 4000 capacity arena hall. As I've said before about gigs, I love seeing bands in tiny venues as you can actually see them and not rely on huge screens projecting them while they're performing. Another reason, I love it is big bands like Fall Out Boy ad The Script come to the venue which is amazing.

Fall Out Boy were supported by three support acts, Charley Marley (a signing from Pete's own label DCD2); Matt and Kim, an indie pop duo (totally recommend checking them out just for Kim's energetic dancing alone) and hip-hop rap artist Professor Green. As you can see a mixed bag for support artist but they were all amazing. Absolutely loved Professor Green's 'Read All About It' live it was so emotional.

Now to the main act, Fall Out Boy, they kicked off the gig with classic 'Sugar We're Going Down' from their 'Under The Cork Tree' album. What I loved about the setlist was how mixed it was of old and new Fall Out Boy. Some bands tend to just play a few classic and then play all songs/majority from their latest album. This wasn't the case with FOB as they played songs from all six albums.

'This Ain't a Scene, It's a Goddamn Fall Out Boy gig!'
Another part of the set, I loved was the acoustic set which they went to the back and played a couple of song (Immortal and Young Volcanoes). However, being at the front (and also being 5'2) I had to rely on the screen at the front of the stage to see but it was a great atmosphere to be in with everyone singing along regardless of whether you could see or not.

It was the first time they played Jet Pack Blues (from the latest album) live on tour which happens to be one of my favourite songs off the album so I was really happy when they played it. Something else, from the set I loved was Andy's drum solo which was incredible to see live. Also, seeing them perform 'Dance, Dance' live as I said earlier this was the first song I ever heard from them and made me love the band and their music.

Finally, like all bands they played an encore and performed, one of my favourite songs off 'Save Rock and Roll' 'My Song Knows What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up), which the crowd went crazy for and finally finished with 'Saturday' from their debut 'Take This To Your Grave'. All in all it was a incredibly energetic, hot (as that's what standing at gigs makes you) and amazing gig. Totally recommend you go to a Fall Out Boy gig as it's awesome! ^_^




No comments:

Post a Comment