Tuesday, 17 November 2015
Blog-vember: Day 17 - My Thoughts on My Future Career
Welcome back to Blogvember on this blog and Day 17 *you may read that in a Geordie Big Brother voice if you wish*. Today's blog challenge is my future career and what I want to do.
Currently I'm in my 3rd and final year at university, studying Radio. When I first joined the course and also whilst studying Radio at college, I always wanted to become a presenter. The dream was Radio 1 (obviously) and to have my own show. Now you've probably read that and now thinking "Erm, Lauren, hey by the way, you're using past tense rather than future." Yes, yes I am. That's because after studying radio now for nearly 5 year (wow seriously), I don't want to be a presenter anymore.
Instead, I have two careers in Radio I'd love to go in it's now deciding what path to choose.
So, first career would be documentary/feature making with a production company. One thing I've learnt since studying at university is I absolutely love making features. One of my favourite parts of Radio production is definitely the creating and editing. Since making YouTube videos as well I've really loved editing more. Sometimes, I struggle and can take weeks of coming up with ideas but as soon as I have one I love to start making it and plan.
The other career would be to be a Foley Artist. This is more specialised. I remember seeing a behind the scenes of Doctor Who the once where they focused on post production and sound. They showed foley and I thought it was so interesting. Foley is when you create sound effects for radio, tv or film using everyday ordinary items and recording them in a small studio space. So for example sometimes a horse clopping is made with two coconuts clapping together.
There are the two careers I'd love to go in - it's just deciding which one I want to go in.
See you tomorrow for Day 18 ^_^
Lauren
Labels:
2015,
30 day blog challenge,
blogvember,
career,
day 17,
feature,
foley,
future,
november,
radio
Location:
Bournemouth, Bournemouth, UK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment